Thursday, May 31, 2012

SQSC 41 - Betsy's Blossoms

Hello Friends,

I have joined a weekly sketch challenge with the Stampin' Queens.  This is my first week.  I am so excited as a challenge is always good and I love seeing different sketches for cards.

So excited to create with all the new goodies from the NEW catalog, which is available to order from at 12 noon tomorrow - YIPPEE!!!
I used the new Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper (DSP) here along with a couple of coordinating colors.  I started with a Soft Suede base and added a layer of Midnight Muse, one of the new In Colors for this year. and a piece of Cajun Craze.  GREAT color combo.  I should have really cut the DSP in to 4 strips, (per the challenge) but had 3 in my mind for some reason.

The bird is from the Betsy's Blossoms Stamp Set - again available tomorrow. (item # 126004 in wood mount and # 126006 in clear mount).  I used the Itty Bitty Banners Set too for the Thank You sentiment.  (Item # 126255 in wood mount and # 126257 in clear mount).

I added a Naturals Designer button ( # 127544) with linen thread along with a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon.  Check out the bird - I added a rhinestone in his eye and cut out one of the wings for extra depth.

Here is the sketch we were given.  Give it a try!  Great sketch!

E-mail me at maxine@stamptothemax.com for your NEW 2012/13 Catalog. Gorgeous samples and products.

Click here to shop online 24/7

Check out the rest of the teams projects for this weeks challenge.

Have a wonderful day!

See you every Wednesday for our Stampin' Queens challenge!

2 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very lovely card !! Love it!

Maxine Conrad said...

Thank you so much for your comment. Glad you like the card :)