Thursday, February 2, 2012

Melon Mambo Top Note Card

Hello Friends,

Melon Mambo is a great color to work with! I have been so fixated with Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler lately, that I have not been using my 'other' favorites. 
I ran 2 pieces of Melon Mambo card stock through my Big Shot using the "Top Note" die.  (One for the front, one for the back).  I also ran a piece of Whisper White through so I could have an insert.  Writing on White or Vanilla is much more classy than writing directly on the colored card stock.  I used my Simply Scoring Tool to score a line down the left hand side and then added a couple of silver brads. 

P.S I love you is my favorite set in the Occasions Mini.  Great assortment of stamps in this collection and one that doesn't have to be used just for Valentine's.  I stamped the large heart and the love you sentiment with Melon Mambo Ink on Whisper White Card Stock and used the coordinating punches.  I LOVE the wide striped ribbon! I cut off a small piece and used some sticky strip to adhere to front of card.

I am LOVING the Framelits.  I used the Labels collection here.  For this card I used the Hearts Collection and cut out a heart using our Silver Glimmer paper.

Hearts Collection Framelits Dies 125599  Price: $26.95

The innovative, thin, wafer-like design of these dies lets you see where you’re placing the design before you cut! Layer dies inside each other to cut frames for stamp images. Cut single hearts for accents or layering. Use with single sheets of card stock or Designer Series Paper. Hearts Collection coordinates with Take it to Heart Stamp Set. Largest heart is approximately 5-1/4" wide. Collection includes 6 dies in a sturdy envelope for easy storage in our Big Shot Die Storage.

Click here to shop online 24/7
Don't forget to download our My Digital Studio Express - Trial for 30 days

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

melon mambo looks fantastic against that glimmer paper!

hugs, m

Maxine Conrad said...

I agree Mary! I have neglected this color for far too long :)