Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Jim !

Hello Friends,

If you have been following my blog for a while or you know me pretty well, you will know it is very rare I create masculine cards.  I feel much more in my comfort zone using flowers and 'cutesies'.  So believe me, this was a REAL challenge.

Today is my Supervisor's birthday.  He is my Supervisor and friend.  Back in the day when I was a new Demonstrator, I attended our Stampin' Up! convention in Salt Lake City and met Jim.  I won a prize and had to go pick it up at the FUN booth.  We seriously called it the fun booth as that is what it was. I told all my friends they HAD to win a prize as going to the booth was a great experience.  Jim was there along with Danny, Steve, Craig and Alex and they made you feel like a movie star when you went to the 'Fun' booth :)

I wanted to give the card a little bit of an aged look.  In NO way am I saying that Jim is old.  How could he be?  He is younger than me :) I knew I was going to use Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze as my main colors.  I wanted to add some depth to the card, so I used an extra piece of Baja Breeze and ran it through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Folder.  I then sponged the whole piece using Baja Breeze ink.

I stamped the various stamps from the Plane and Simple set using Soft Suede ink on Crumb Cake Card Stock.  I then used the rotary cutter (Cutter Kit) to tear at the edges and then scrumpled up the card stock.  Opened it up and sponged crumb cake ink all over the card stock. It has been a while since I used Twill Tape so out it came. 


Supplies used to create Jim's card.

Stamp Set - Plane and Simple
Card Stock - Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Classic Ink - Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze
Accessories - Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Cutter Kit, 3/8" Twill Tape, Stampin' Sponges, Modern Label Extra Large Punch, Crop-A-Dile, Metallic Eyelets, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals.


Look out for my card class/kits in the mail - Masculine Cards :)

Happy Birthday Jim! Thanks for being born x

♪ ♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫ ♪

♫ Happy Birthday to you ♪
Happy Birthday, dear J-I-M
♫ Happy Birthday to you ♫ ♪


Click here to shop online 24/7

Have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful masculine card.

I especially love how you stamped the background.

Hugs, M

Gwen said...

Hi Maxine! I want to thank you for all the tips and information I get from your blog. I've passed the "Stylish Blogger" award onto you. Please visit my blog for the award details. Thank you again!
http://stampingwithgwen.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-award-cheerful-upsy-daisy-card.html

Gwen