Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Colton

Hello Friends,

It has been a while since I have been in my stamp room and when I went in today, I KNEW I had some work to do before I even sat down to create.  Seriously, a chef or a baker wouldn't dream of starting to make something if the kitchen area was a mess would they?  So I spent the entire afternoon clearing counter tops, desk, floor, boxes etc.  It looks like a dream !  I am determined (this time) to keep it this way.

A couple of weeks ago, I was called as a Primary Teacher in the ward (church) I belong to.  I get to teach the 9-10 year olds every week.  Actually they split the class as there are so many of them and I was so happy when I saw who was in my class. I love them all !!! 

Tomorrow is Colton's birthday.  He will be 10 and I wanted to make him a card (like I will all the kids when it is their birthdays) and wanted to make it personal.  He is such a sweet kid - very well mannered and seriously one that could move in with you tomorrow and you would love him like he was your own. 

Colton told me last week his favorite color is black.  I wanted to make something bright so didn't actually use his favorite color.  I get to teach him all year, so maybe he will get a black and white card before the year is out :) 

I chose Pacific Point as my base card and then went with the Big Top Designer Series Paper. The scalloped edge punch gives a great 'shop' effect. I used all the colors that co-ordinated with this paper - Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait and Old Olive.  The Embossing Folders are a great idea for giving depth to the card, so I ran a piece of Pacific Point through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots folder. 

I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Curly Cute Stamp Set using Pacific Point Classic Ink and then used the square punch to make a banner.

Pennant Parade was my choice of Stamp Set for the banners and then Sweet Shoppe Alphabet (upper case) to spell "Colton". I used the Petite Pennants Builder Punch - perfect for those, like me who don't enjoy cutting :) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON!

 
Click here to shop online 24/7
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: