Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Serving the Community


Hello Friends,

It's always great when you see somebody make a card for the first time.....especially when the card is being made for a child.  I volunteered, as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator to help people make cards for the children at Shriner's hospital in Salt Lake City, UT.

Three other Demonstrators, along with myself were picked to help out at the Southtowne Mall in Sandy.  I was told that one of the Demonstrators couldn't make it as she was sick, so I asked my daughter, Kayleigh if she would like to come along to help.  Kayleigh is a fabulous help at my events so I knew she would do a wonderful job.  She really did.  She assisted the best she could and was great with the kids, especially.  I got to meet Heather Van Duker from Draper and Penny Medcalf from Herriman.

Here are a few pictures of the event.

Setting up !  Kayleigh is making sure each section of the table has ink pads.

This is me putting the 'Donation Basket' in the middle of the table.  $300 of Stampin' Up! product in the basket for one lucky winner.
This is Heather :)


Heather and Max


Heather, Max and Kayleigh

Making cards (assisted by Penny) and signing the door hangings. (People wrote cute messages on the light pink paper which would be hung over the doors of the children's rooms at the hospital)


Children making cards for other children - so sweet!


Beautiful Creations (Future Demonstrators in the making :)



The lady in the suit WON the Raffle.  She was so shocked and excited.  $300 of Stampin' Up! product. WOOHOO!!!

What a fabulous day!  This was a great day of service and I loved every minute of it.  Stampin' Up! gives so much to the community and the world.  I am so happy to be associated with such a wonderful company.


Have a great day!


2 comments:

Lorie said...

How wonderful Max! Looks like it was fun!

Mary Fish said...

Looks like you had a ball (along with the participants). Great cause! Hugs, M