Monday, June 13, 2011

Southern Caribbean Catch Up!




Hello Friends,
I was asked to be a guest over at http://www.mydigitalstudio.net/
If you haven't joined yet - it is FREE and you will get a plethora of new ideas and fun tips and suggestions.

My Southern Caribbean album is LONG over due so now I have 2 pages taken care of :)  I am thrilled with how they turned out.  Just look at the beautiful color of the ocean.

This trip was truly a piece of heaven.  The food, the weather, the sun, the ocean, and of course friends make any vacation heaven.  My father passed away in 2009 when I earned the trip and I asked my mom if she would like to be my guest on the cruise.  Of course she needed some nudging! Tee hee.
I started this project by choosing a color combination. I love how you can try out colors by adding them to a page just to see what looks good, and decide from there. I decided to go with Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, and a little touch of Old Olive. I was planning on also using Pacific Point but didn’t need to as this color combo was already perfect.

The base of my project is Pink Pirouette. I added hints of Melon Mambo for depth, like on the Vintage Overlays background. I am loving the Downtown Grunge download and used it quite a lot for this particular layout. I used the frames from the download. The “Notes” and the crumpled paper also came from the Downtown Grunge download. I used the Torn Edges Stamp Brush Set for the Pear Pizzazz and Tempting Turquoise parts of the layout, and then another Vintage Overlays piece for the Old Olive accents on top of the Pear Pizzazz. The picture on the first page is layered over the Top Note Die download.

Creating these pages has made me so excited to finally create an album full of wonderful memories.

If you haven't purchased the "My Digital Studio" software yet, I would really recommend it. 

Click here to learn more about this program

Click here to shop online 24/7

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: