Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Utah Divas International Color Challenge #32

Hello Friends,

YAY! Finally got my submission into Utah Divas International for the Color Challenge this week.  I really enjoy these challenges, especially when they are colors I am most comfortable with.

Here are the colors we were given to work with this week.  LOVE it :)
I used Basic Gray as the base color and then added a layer of Daffodil Delight.  I ran it through the Big Shot using the FRAMED TULIPS Embossing Folder.  My next layer is Basic Black using the FLOWER GARDEN Embossing Folder which will be available in the upcoming Summer Mini.

I used Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon and ran it down some Sticky Strip with cute little folds. 
I stamped the image from the FOUR FRAMES stamp set - Check out the promotion :)
Next I added a sentiment from the "YOU'RE A GEM" stamp set from the Occasions Mini.  I used the Daffodil Delight Stamp 'N' Write Marker and then used the Spritzer Tool (you cannot tell in the picture:( to add some color to the 'white space'.
The Color Spritzer tool can turn a Stampin’ Up! marker into an airbrush. Use this technique to create beautiful airbrushed effects. It’s great for card making, scrapbooking, and all types of paper crafting. This is a must for your creative "tool belt!"



■ PVC bulb with an insert for placing a marker with adjusting screw nozzle

■ Black with matte finish

■ Easy to use

Item # 107066

Price: $12.95

Click here to shop online 24/7



To see what the rest of the Design Team came up with, click here.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful take on the color challenge! I love the embossing and the pleated ribbon.

Maxine Conrad said...

Thank you very much Kristie. It was a fun challenge :)