Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Congratulations Kayleigh!

Hello Friends,

My second daughter Kayleigh graduated!  I am so proud of her. She has been a wonderful student and get this : She never missed a day of school.  Not ever.  When I asked her what she would say if people asked what her secret to that is .  She said "I went to bed early every night and got sufficient rest - I was never sick."
I created this card especially for Kayleigh.  All of my cards are the standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 but I decided to make this one bigger so all our family could sign it.  I wanted it to be special enough so we could put it in a frame. 

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"
This is the inside - before we all sign our well wishes

I punched out one of the stamped images with the scalloped circle punch and adhered it to a Scallop #2 cut out with the Big Shot to make it pop and scrolled up a small piece of Whisper White Card Stock and tied a ribbon around it.

I couldn't resist adding a flower to it.  Click here to see my tutorial on making these.

Elegant Eggplant is a beautiful color purple and I LOVE working with it. I am so glad this was the school color. I knew when I added the piece of Whisper White Card Stock on the larger card that I would struggle with the 'white part' so I sponged Elegant Eggplant ink over it to give it a great look and it took the 'white' away.
Although this stamp set is a retired set (Great Grads - I rarely ever use a set that is retired) I just knew this would be one I would use for this particular card.

Congratulations Kayleigh - Love you so much!  I cannot talk about college just yet ok.  Wait 'til the Fall :)

Lots of things happening in the Stampin' Up! world (and my eyes are tearing up :) -so click here to see yesterday's post.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Kayleigh is a chip off the old block . . . didn't you tell me you never missed work? Love the "diploma." Hugs, M

Maxine Conrad said...

Yes my friend, I did - I have never had a sick day here at Stampin' Up! ;)I don't get to bed early like Kayleigh does, however :)